Today’s website user comes to find information. The days of surfing the Internet ended in 1999. Understanding this fact, and leveraging it on your website will provide your users with a better experience and open them to take action. The way you create content marketing in higher education will impact their experience.
Seek and Find
The visitors that come to your site are seeking answers to their questions. Recognize that they are on an intense hunt for information and reward them by organizing your content in logical and consistent ways.
Consider updates to your site that:
- Leverage lists and bullets.
- Have best practices such as search in the right corner and contact information (i.e. phone) in prominent locations on each page.
- Short, simple paragraphs that are succinct and deliver the message.
- Best practices for search engine marketing to assure that your granular information is found.
Be sure that the organization and labeling of content is with the user in mind. While your institution may organize departments by school or college, the end user may not be familiar with that structure. Keep it simple for them to understand the majors you offer and find the terms they are seeking. Also consider the logical organization of content that is clean and concise.
Best Practices for Content Marketing in Higher Education:
- Users come with a questions to answer. Make it easy for them.
- Create content that is simple and scannable. Use short statements and bullets.
- Organize content logically and with the user in mind. Don’t make it difficult.
If you’re looking for more help with content marketing, let us know. My team and I will be happy to help make your life a little easier.
Looking for Enrollment Marketing Content that Works?
You’re in luck! We’ve curated 25 awesome ideas inspired by top higher ed institutions across the country and put them in one handy guide: 25 Ideas for Great Admissions Content.
- 25 enrollment marketing content ideas you might never have considered before
- Guidance on how to use each one for best results
- Brief discussion on why they work to help you sell these ideas to your team
Get enrollment results.
Get 25 Ideas for Great Admissions Content.
Download your copy today!
Featured image via Adobe Stock