More Powerful Than a Locomotive
At Caylor Solutions, we continue to advocate the use of rich media as part of your education website. Rich media includes video, photography, quotes, statistics, audio, and other rich media options to provide depth. One of our favorite tools is the infographic. Why? Because of its versatility and power.
Mild Mannered by Day…
A good infographic can serve a lot of purposes. Done well, it can be one of the super heroes of your education website. Here is just some of what a good infographic can do.
- Simplify the Complicated: An infographic is a really good way to visually portray a complicated process or tedious information. It helps you distill down to the most important elements you want to convey. For example, the infographic we designed on this page distilled down a much lengthier survey into its most salient points.
- Spice up the Boring: Let’s face it. There may be some important information that you’d like to communicate on your education website that isn’t exactly sexy. But it could be information that impacts your prospective student’s decision — if they actually read it. For example, Graceland University’s use of an infographic on the Benefits section of the home page communicates some important statistics that could help inform the student’s decision, visually presenting the benefits of their online degree. Without the infographics, this information could easily be lost in a sea of text.
- Engage the Visual Learner: Most of us know that there are different learning styles. Visual learners are best able to absorb and retain information when it is presented visually. Even those of us who are not necessarily visual learners are still impacted and aided by memorable visual tools.
- Emphasize the Important: The infographic gives you the opportunity to focus your audience’s attention on the elements you consider most important. For example, we used an infographic to help present the Franklin College website strategy. What could have been pages of eye-glazing text was converted into a more engaging visual piece to give the readers an overview at the beginning of the strategy document; and it focused the reader on the most important elements. You can do the same on your education website.
Saving the Day
Infographics can take some of the most boring and tedious information and make it useful, digestible and engaging. Now if that doesn’t earn super-hero status, what does?
For more tips and marketing solutions, feel free to contact us today!
We work exclusively with private, independent schools, colleges, and universities like yours to increase your enrollment success through better marketing strategies.
Looking for Enrollment Marketing Content that Works?
You’re in luck! We’ve curated 25 awesome ideas inspired by top higher ed institutions across the country and put them in one handy guide: 25 Ideas for Great Admissions Content.
- 25 enrollment marketing content ideas you might never have considered before
- Guidance on how to use each one for best results
- Brief discussion on why they work to help you sell these ideas to your team
Get enrollment results.
Get 25 Ideas for Great Admissions Content.
Download your copy today!